Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New to this

So this is a whole new experience for me and I don't really know where to begin. I have always written for myself and really don't know if ever anyone will read this, but even if I just use this as a place to do things for me that is ok too.

I am inspired by a friend who does this and is probably the most wonderfully creative person that I have ever met. She knocks my socks off everytime I read one of her blogs and see how she takes pictures and the crafts she does with her kids. She amazes me and I wish I could be her, even though I do alot of the same things, like take pictures and do crafts and stuff.

This past month has been spent being an old fashioned domestic (I want to say goddess, but that just doesn't sit right) blast from the housewives of the past - only I have been working. I have spent a day pitting and canning wonderful cherries brought back from the Flathead Lake region of Montanna and another day freezing huckleberries, picked on the side of a mountain at Hungry Horse Dam also in Montanna and Saskatoons (sadly purchased at the Saskatoon Farm - prepicked). I have also spent 2 separate days making the most delicious salsa ever and my latest adventure - Pickles - both dill and carrot (apparently my hubby's fav). I hope they turn out. I have never attempted this particular feat before. Of course it takes forever to actually find out if they turn out.

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhh! Miranda! i found you! hehehe :)
    i am so, so, SO very excited that you started a blog! I can't wait to read what you write!!!

    you are my hero. i have never attempted canning or pickling, but would love to try it one day. maybe you can come over sometime and teach me?!

    but for now, you have to share that salsa recipe, because apparently now i am craving it :) (pretty please)

    love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you get this if I reply like this? I would love to work in your kitchen with you. That would be so much fun - lets make plans to do that!

    I will email you the recipe this week sometime. It is uber yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love your feedback. Thank you for commenting.